How to make your summer wedding sizzle!
Getting hitched in the summer can bring all kinds of great advantages, from warmer weather and lighter gowns to a wider choice of flowers and a happy, holiday mood. It pays to plan ahead, though, as summer is a popular time to get married in the UK, especially June, July and August. Book your venue, registrar or celebrant well in advance, and then follow up quickly with the key suppliers, such as photographer, transport, caterer, florist, baker and dressmaker. Here are ten cool ideas to make your summer wedding sizzle.
• Pick a summery flower and use it as the focus of your wedding theme. Have pots of them going down the aisle and on the reception tables and use them in your bouquet and corsages. Source the seeds and give them away as favours wrapped in pretty paper.
• Another great summer wedding theme is around holiday destinations, either places you have travelled to together, or would like to. Name tables after countries or cities, choose a menu reflecting international cuisine and cut up old maps to make decorations in the reception room.
• Keep the guests cool by providing themed paper fans. Place one on each chair and let them take them away with them afterwards. Or keep a stack of parasols in a deep wicker basket by the entrance to your ceremony venue.
• Make sure you have a shaded area for guests to retreat to if the heat gets too much. A gazebo would work, or a cool room inside. Provide plenty of seating and have chilled water and soft drinks available at all times, especially if you have older guests, or children who may become affected by summer weather more easily.
• Give each guest some bubble mix and a small bubble wand as a lively, summery alternative to confetti. This works especially well at venues where confetti or rice is not permitted to be thrown.
• Don't struggle in tight footwear or towering heels if the day is going to be hot. Customise some flip flops in your wedding colours and relax. Add flowers that match your bouquet and paint your toenails too!
• Be a little different with your transport and go for a fair-weather option, such as a golf buggy, open-top car or horse and carriage. Arrive in summer style!
• Light citronella candles for an evening reception in summer to cast romantic, flickering light over the guests and to keep away the bugs. String fairy-lights in the trees as the sun sets for an added soft glow.
• Embrace your inner child and go back to the past with some exciting summer treats like ice lollies, ice cream and refreshing slushies. You can hire vintage sweetie carts or candyfloss makers to evoke a fantastic summer fairground theme. Get the holiday vibe going!
• Finally, go lighter with your cake, rather than sticking to a rich and delicious, but filling and heavy fruitcake. Chocolate fudge will go down well, as will lemon drizzle or even a cheesecake topped with luscious strawberries.
Enjoy planning your perfect summer nuptials!
Leave a comment
No posts found, be the first!