Pavilion Report Increase In Short Lead Weddings
Outdoor wedding venue The Pavilion in Lane End is seeing a spike in demand from couples booking last minute and short lead time weddings.
One of only a handful of wedding venues in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire licensed to hold outdoor ceremonies, The Pavilion’s trend of couples’ wanting to marry in a matter of months bucks the current fashion for long engagements.
“As well as experiencing a sharp rise in couples looking to marry at short notice, the majority of our bookings are from couples wishing to hold their wedding within 12 months of first contacting us,” said Heni Fourie, Sales and Marketing Manager at The Pavilion wedding venue in Buckinghamshire.
According to a recent study, engaged couples wait up to three years to get married compared to an average of 11 months a decade ago.
One of the main reasons cited for waiting so long by the 1,903 couples surveyed is the crippling cost of the engagement party, wedding or civil ceremony venue and honeymoon.
The report states that the average wedding costs £19,700 more than double the amount in 2003 (£9,500).
In response to the rise in short lead time weddings, Heni said: “There is something very romantic about waiting a few months to get married. Also it shows that you don’t need to pay a fortune to secure your perfect wedding venue.
“Unlike many local wedding venues who have been increasing their fees despite the recession, we have held ours at virtually the same over the last five years, as well as continuing to offer special rates for weddings held on Sundays.”
With the average cost of a wedding at all time high, there are several ways couples looking to marry sooner rather later can save money.
Wedding Ideas Magazine recommend prioritising the four things couples need most: the dress, the venue, the photographer and the entertainment. Also, to secure the perfect wedding venue, they suggest taking advantage of off-peak discounts by holding the ceremony on a week day.
For couples with a short lead time seeking ceremony and wedding reception venues in Buckinghamshire The Pavilion is an ideal choice.
A country wedding venue with accommodation catering for up to 120 guests for formal wedding breakfast and 180 for evening reception, other services include:
• Indoor and outdoor ceremonies. The Pavilion is one of only two wedding venues licensed to host outdoor wedding ceremonies in Buckinghamshire.
• Outdoor ceremonies are held in an exquisite Garden Gazebo overlooked by a terrace with seating for up to 130 guests.
• For indoor ceremonies the grand Pavilion suite offers floor to ceiling views of the Buckinghamshire countryside with access to an outdoor terrace.
• A choice of three tailor-made wedding packages - Silver, Gold and Platinum. The scope of services range from the Silver package, which includes venue hire, catering and drinks, to the top-tier Platinum service which includes a bespoke wedding cake, wedding flowers and more.
• To help couples wanting a short lead time wedding prioritise the four most important aspects of their day The Pavilion also offer a wedding planning service, a local wedding photographer and professional DJ hire.
For further information regarding short lead weddings at The Pavilion contact Heni Fourie +44 (0)1494 881171, email: firstname.lastname@example.org